Tuesday, 28 July 2015

1/1200 scale Napoleonic Ships - Rigging Started


Having now built up the Langton's 1/1200 scale Napoleonic 74 gun ship I've started with the rigging.

When I did the first ones of these 20 years ago I used superglue to secure the rigging. Since I now have a superglue allergy this was not an option any more. Instead I've been using small blobs of PVA and this has been far superior to the superglue I used before.

In the photo below you can see I've completed the main stays and most of the rigging on the foremast. In the background you can see one of the ships I did 20 years ago.


Anyway, that'll have to be enough for one night! Off to bed...

No comments:

Post a comment